Dispute settlement in GV Lawyers’ practice includes settlement at courts of justice, by arbitration or through commercial mediation.
Our range of services includes:
- Acting as our clients’ adviser, mandated representative and/or counsel throughout the dispute settlement process, including advising on and implementing the litigation strategy;
- Attending parties’ working sessions, meetings and/or hearings summoned or organized by the courts, arbitrators or mediators; and
- In the field of commercial arbitration and mediation our services include inter alia drafting of arbitration/mediation clauses in commercial contracts, representing domestic and international clients as claimants and respondents in institutional and ad hoc arbitral proceedings, acting as institutional or ad hoc arbitrators or mediators and, where necessary, advise on enforcement of arbitration awards and successful mediation results as per Vietnam’s laws.
GV Lawyers’ attorneys and legal staff are the clients’ priority choice for dispute settlement because/because of:
- They are leaders in their profession, many having had previously a distinguished career working with justice agencies or being currently arbitrators or mediators accredited by prestigious international training institutions such as CIArb or CEDR;
- On average every year, our legal staff is involved either as our clients’ representative or counsel in more than 25 litigation processes in the Vietnamese courts or local and international arbitration institutions such as the Vietnam International Arbitration Center (VIAC), the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC) and Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC). Besides, our most prominent barristers have acted either as institutional or ad hoc arbitrators and mediators on quite a few occasions since they are also VIAC accredited arbitrators and/or mediators at the Vietnam Mediation Center (VMC), an organization under VIAC, and the Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center (VICMC), an institutional member of the Vietnam Society of International Law (VSIL);
- Their track record of success in handling a broad range of matters, from high-risk-high-reward litigation to high-profile class actions, and other complex disputes;
- Their proven ability to handle major class actions and other complex litigation; and
- Their loyal devotion to protecting their clients’ short-term and long-term interests all over the dispute settlement process.