“Vietnam’s education sector has become a gold mine”!
That may very well be the reason for more and more education and training institutions to opt for Vietnam as their new investment destination. At Vietnam’s end however, notwithstanding the considerable advancement achieved in the last 15 years (the 2005 Law on Education has been amended in 2009 and finally replaced by a new one in 2019; the 2012 Law on University Education has been replaced by a new one in 2018; the Law on Vocational Education has been enacted for the first time in 2014) the legal system is still nowadays providing for an array of administrative barriers to the establishment and commissioning of new education and vocational training institutions.
For years, our lawyers have actively supported investors’ efforts to start their businesses at different levels, from kindergarten to university level, mainly guiding them through the administrative procedural corridors until issuance of all licenses as required by the laws but also helping them address a whole range of managerial and operational issues.
- Preparing and submitting the application dossiers; helping clients obtain the needed certificates and licenses;
- Drafting/reviewing the Institution Statutes/Charters;
- Advising on the management and academic structure of the institution;
- Organizing the management and/or shareholder meetings;
- Advising on and participating in the resolution of internal conflicts (between employers and employees or between management and shareholders) and/or disputes with the state authorities; and
- Advising on the restructuration, merger and acquisition of education/vocational training institutions.