When still working under the roof of Phuoc & Partners our legal banking staff were highly appreciated by quite a few large commercial banks, financial service firms, private equity investors, investment management funds, trading companies both Vietnamese and foreign, for the quality of their legal advice. When our staff migrated to GV Lawyers the same clientele followed them and along with our clients’ appreciation and trust our banking practice continued to flourish.
Our clients’ service requests have been focusing inter alia on: (i) regulatory compliance; and (ii) mortgage banking. In addition, our staff has also over the years accumulated lots of experience in dispute settlement and litigation in the banking sector for having participated in several high profile dispute cases particularly between the financial institutions and their customers.
- Provide the service of compliance checking for all activities of our clients, including loan-granting, private banking and operations pertaining to overseas remittances and foreign exchange control, aiming mainly at alerting our clients, for preventive purpose, on any risk or potentiality of compliance defaults; and
- Propose preventive measures tailored to the level of risk or potentiality unveiled during compliance checking.
- Assist financial institutions and mortgage bankers in designing and implementing mortgage management protocols including rules on mortgage application documentation, disclosures and other mortgage procedures;
- Assist clients for legal due diligence, organisational structuring, specific loan transaction problems, mortgage fraud prevention and responding to violations or alleged violations of applicable laws and regulations…
- Revisit the forms and procedures to assure their complying with applicable legal requirements
- Represent our clients in disputes related to: lender liability, check fraud, lien priority determinations, subordination agreement disputes, trust disputes, credit life insurance matters, letters of credit, and enforcement of various lending collateral agreements…
- Manage dispute settlement for our clients in the most productive and cost-effective manner by providing regular status reporting, employing the judicious staffing of litigation associates and paralegals, and always seeking pre-approval of clients for all extraordinary expenses for litigation matters.