Legal Newsletter Issue No.2| February 2020
Dear Valued Clients and Partners,
As usual, GV Lawyers would like to introduce you the legal update newsletter Issue No. 02, February 2020, which includes the following main contents:
- In the beginning of the newsletter, we would like to review some remarkable legal information with the following contents:
1. New regulations on guiding compensation, support and relocation upon land recovery by the State;
2. Activities of Bailiffs;
3. Vietnam’s particularly preferential import tax rates for the implementation of the ASEAN-Hong Kong and China Free Trade Agreement for the period of 2019 – 2022;
4. Operation of insurance agents in credit institutions; and
5. Amending the provisions on management of medical equipment.
- The next is a legal article written by Lawyer Hoang Thi Hoai Thu titled “Two Critical Points in The Legal Protection of Minority Shareholders“, published in the Saigon Economic Times magazine on 16 January, 2020. In this article, Ms. Thu argues that the Enterprise Law 2014 creates a mechanism to enable minority shareholders to assign their personnel to the Board of Management (BOM) of the company, but concurrently giving majority shareholders the opportunity to dismiss members representing the minority thanks to their overwhelming majority. This has led to a number of shortcomings in protecting minority shareholders in accordance with the Enterprise Law 2014.
- In addition, in the section of “Reading for You“, we also share and keep you updated about essential news and useful information.
- In the section “Answers to Queries“, we quote some important contents in order to promptly answer the problems for individuals and enterprises on the basis of the written response from the state competent agencies.
- The last part of the Newsletter is the List of Legal Documents issued in January, 2020.
We hope that you find this Legal Newsletter informative and interesting. If you have any queries or comments, please contact us at +84 (28) 3622 3555.
To read the entire Legal Newsletter, please click the Download button below.