On August 14, 2020, the Government issued Decree 91/2020 / ND-CP on the fight against spam messages, spam emails, and spam calls (“Decree 91”). Decree 91 will enter into force on October 1, 2020 and replace Decree 90/2008 / ND-CP and Decree 77/2012 / ND-CP amending Decree 90/2008 / ND-CP against spams.
GV Lawyers would like to introduce our Clients and Partners the Legal Alert in September 2020 with the topic “Tighten advertising through text messages, emails and calls” in order to review the remarkable contents of Decree 91 that can significantly affect advertising activities of businesses, especially businesses operating in the areas of real estate, finance and insurance sectors, consumer sales, etc and will change the way businesses reach customers via text message, email or phone.
The Legal Alert in September 2020 has the following notable new points:
- Spam messages, spam emails and spam calls;
- Principles to be noted when performing advertising;
- Managing the receiving system reflecting spam emails, spam messages, and spam calls with the number 5656;
- Increasing the sanction level for violations of sending emails, texting messages, calling advertising; and
- Contents in need of guidance.
We hope that this Legal Alert in September 2020 will share useful and timely content with you. Should you still have questions or need legal advice related to Decree 91 and current laws, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 028 3622 355 by phone, we will answer and support as soon as possible.