Dear Valued Customers and Partners,
On the occasion of the new year of 2021, GV Lawyers would like to send you all the best wishes for a new year with security, good health and prosperity and all the luck of success to your work and life.
GV Lawyers would like to introduce you Legal Newsletter in January 2021 – our first issue of 2021 with the following main contents:
- In the section “Notable News“, we will keep you updated about some highlights of Decree 148/2020/ND-CP guiding the Land Law; Decree 155/2020/ND-CP guiding the implementation of the Law on securities; and worth noting is the novelties on foreign employees working in Vietnam.
- Next, in the “Article” section, we would like to introduce an article by Mr. Tran Thanh Tung, Partner of GV Lawyers, titled “Four risks of a joint stock company manager” published on Saigon Economic Times Issue No. 50-2020 (1,565) dated 10/12/2020. The article summarizes the changes in the corporate governance framework under the Enterprise Law 2020 and predicts possible risks to corporate managers, therefrom suggesting some preventive solutions.
- In the section “Good readings for you”, we review two articles related to a proposed increase in the regional minimum wage from 01 July every year and the FIT price policy for solar PV, which has exposed its limitations.
- In the section “Legal Guidance“, we update the latest guidelines related to: (i) Contractor tax policy for contracts to sell machinery, equipment accompanied by software’s; (ii) Debt clearing through a third party; (iii) Tax policy for stock dividends and (iv) Tax policy with regard to temporary imports for re-export for implementation of investment projects.
- The last part of the Legal Newsletter is, as usual, the list of selected legal documents issued in December 2020.
We hope you will find this newsletter useful to you.